AddiXion To Grunge

Sunday 23 March 2008

We here at the Rez offices get quite a few press releases thrown our way, by people, groups or businesses eager to get a spotlight shone upon their achievements or activities here in SL. However, because we take our writing very seriously, and don't want to waste our time, or that of our valued readership, we are very choosy about what we investigate, since we always take the time to go and actually check these things out for ourselves, rather than just posting the press release in the hope it might be good.


Recently one particular press release landed in our inbox that both Trin and I agreed I had to at least go and check out. It was an announcement of the opening of a new sim, created and named after the sl tattoo company AddiXion. What was the reason I had to see this place? Mostly, the use of the word "grunge" in the release. Anyone who knows me, or has visited the Monema Rez Office, will tell you that I like my style a little bit dirty, grubby, torn, broken and occasionally bloody, and this place did not disappoint. The gritty urban landscape laid out before me, with one of the best arranged city areas I have seen, was a joy to behold, wondrously textured concrete buildings, each one containing some true delights for consumers who like their gear a bit grubby, since, as well as being the new home for the eponymous company, the Addixion Sim is the site of the main stores for NEO fashion addict, shooz! and AntiCute, along with having shops for such "grunge fashion" trandsetters as CatNip, Blind Spot, Miaou House, and VIRUS Co. As luck would have it, as I was looking around, the owner, Xion Hax, appeared at the stage in the central square, and I grabbed a few words with him about the place (He's the guy with the mechanical leg, not the giant ant):


Voodoo: How did this sim come about?

Xion Hax: Well, addiXion existed for one year as a rented parcel in a different sim... so it was always in my plans to be a full sim

Voodoo: What was the inspiration for the style of the sim? Personal taste, or are you catering for a market?

Xion Hax: I think both lol... I started making tatts a year ago... so my taste played an important role... but after all people seem to like the concept :) I am into grunge concept anyway

Voodoo: Have you found many kindred sprits to help you along the way or is this more of a personal project?

Xion Hax: I have some friends that we started together, building our businesses, and they are contributing in addiXion by having their shops here, but as far as building and addiXion concept is concerned I’d say that it is a personal project

Voodoo: So, it's very much your baby? Has that lead to any creative difficulties working with people?

Xion Hax: Oh it is definitely my baby...lol. No I think there were not creative difficulties, people seem to understand the look and feel of addiXion and either they love it or hate it :)

Voodoo: How has the feedback been in general? More lovers or haters? ;)

Xion Hax: I feel lucky :) Lovers exceeded haters alot ... I think if someone feels uncomfortable after less than 2 mins he is rezzed here, he flyes away...

Voodoo: Obviously this place is only just open, but any plans in the pipeline for the future?

Xion Hax: Well, for the time being what’s top priority is to well establish addixion as it is now... I have some plans for the future but I think maybe is better to let it settle down and see how it will go :) One step at a time.

Voodoo: Indeed. And can you offer any advice to any budding entrepreneurs looking to follow in your footsteps?

Xion Hax: What’s important for me is to focus on details... Most of the good comments I’ve heard are about the reality feeling that they get walking around addiXion, so what I have to advice is first of all have fun with what u make, choose a certain concept and pay attention to details :). It will pay u off no matter how long it will take.

0 comments

Post a Comment