Think outside the box.....

Saturday 24 November 2007

Occasionally we all go to places that make us go 'wow'. Second Life is a place of immense beauty at times but what does it take to make something gorgeous and then to make it wow? Of course this depends on personal preferences. For me it's something that's constructed well and with the grid thought of. There is so much more to a good build than well aligned, well textures prims; it's forethought and awareness of the software limitations.

Today I got a tp to place described as "somewhere you will love" and oh my did I. The Abyss is essentially a shopping area. Having said this, it's not a big shopping area. There are little pockets of skins, hair and clothing scattered about but not immediately in your face. I spent my time wondering about and occasionally passing comments of 'wow' and 'its pretty' to my teleporter.


At 230 metres in the air, the build here uses the set SL fog level to it's very best advantage. My main admiration for this piece of beauty was the use of light. I am using windlight, a new first looker viewer and frankly its awe inspiring. The images are not post processed they are shots from the area.


I do have a major dislike of many shopping complexes, they do serve a purpose I accept that, however most are usually ill thought-out and put there to make money with no attention to any detail. Abyss on the other hand may have gone a little too far the other way. It is frankly stunning but if you are anything like me you might forget to shop!

You must go and look, take your friends, take a stranger - I don't care just go and experience it! Bask in the brainchild of someone with an amazing amount of lateral thinking.

0 comments

Post a Comment