Trin and Voo go Loco (Poco)

Wednesday 1 October 2008


**The following article contains information about the Loco Pocos Treasure Hunt, it does contain spoilers**

Trinity Dechou: Following on from my
previous article and experience of Loco Pocos Island, I suggested to Mr Buwan (fellow explorer) that Trin and Voo should attempt to do the infamous Loco Pocos Treasure Hunt.
Voodoo Buwan: As a break from the norm for our little Trin and Voo jaunts, on this particular excursion, we decided to drag our respective significant others along for the ride
Trinity Dechou: I was appointed (by myself) to lead this little expedition so I arrived at the Loco Pocos Main Store (as the adorable red Loco Poco Fox) and teleported the equally adorable Loco Pocos Gray Cat, namely my partner, Aimee Trescothick.
Voodoo Buwan: Myself and the beautiful Allanah Tomsen met up with Trin and Aims, but of course, we decided to go all non-conformist. Allanah wore a non-Loco Pocos black cat avatar, although with a very cute Loco Pocos hat and trainers, while I turned up in my tiny Cosmic Boy avatar, a self customised piece, created mostly using the Seisaku Kit from Kuroboro Works.
Trinity Dechou: We quickly wandered the shop to pick up any essential equipment for the adventure; this is where Aimee decided it was essential to purchase a tank for the trails. Having been mercilessly mowed down by the tank a few times, we decided to start off our adventure.


Voodoo Buwan: We headed down from the main shop, to the roots of the massive tree that dominates the island, and started searching for the notes from some long forgotten Pirate, which would guide us on our way
Trinity Dechou: We spotted a shipwrecked boat and decided this would be a good place to start our adventure. Once we all fell aboard we began looking for these hidden books which detail the history of the island, and its inhabitants. Allanah exclaimed that she had found the first book and we all set off trying to find her.


Voodoo Buwan: I was amazed at how our feline counterparts were coping so well with all the water!
Trinity Dechou: Having rescued the kittens from the water, while voodoo tried to guide his cosmic boy creation into the first room, we all stood waiting for our snapshot as he arrived on the floating door and prepared to strike his cosmic pose.


Voodoo Buwan: Boy did I look cosmic! However, I looked less impressive when we went to find the other book on this boat, as it required falling through a grate, which everyone else managed with ease, while I got my massive planetoid sized heed stuck in the bars.
Trinity Dechou: We decided with two wet and angry Cats, and the huge headed Cosmic entity, that we had had enough of the boat so I lead the party back to dry land. Aimee decided around this time she no longer wanted her camouflaged tank to blend in, and she changed her tank to a tan appearance. We stumbled upon a REALLY tiny village and decided to stand around in an intimidating fashion.


Voodoo Buwan: Oh how I envied the little mushroom houses! Tiny is good, but I can't wait until someone invents the miniscule!
Trinity Dechou: Before Aimee flattened the pretty village we wandered round the island further and discovered a rather tricky and hidden book under a little ground bush.


Voodoo Buwan: It was at this point, that the primberrys reminded Aims that tank fired primberry bullets. Which she then spent most of the rest of the trip shooting us with. Ignoring this, we battled on, eventually finding an entrance into the giant tree itself.
Trinity Dechou: As Allanah, Voodoo and myself tried to find neutral ground away from the tank we fled up the tunnel and arrived in a large open space with falling starts and yet another book. Aimee ceased firing for just long enough while we grabbed a quick pic.


Voodoo Buwan: Once we got the photo, everyone headed out, while I predictably fell into the pool there, for the fishermen who frequent that room. After spending a couple of minutes running as fast as I could on my little cosmic legs to catch up, I was told that Allanah had to go deal with some rl things, but that we should carry on.
Trinity Dechou: Offering a towel to the soaked Cosmic Boy we happened upon another tunnel this one filled with portals to other worlds. After collecting another book we took the fiery red portal into a lava filled world.


Voodoo Buwan: This is where the real fun began, as not only did these magic portals give the chance to find more books, but also to get special prizes! These prizes didn't come easily, as you have to complete challenges to earn them. In this particular zone, you had to hop from rising and falling platforms, above molten lava, from one side of the room to the other.


Trinity Dechou: Having watched the tank clad Aimee leap gracefully over the platforms I decided to try. Having failed miserably I decided that I didn't have the skills to attempt these challenges. I however turned my attention to Cosmic Boy. As I watched him rise and fall with much amusement I decided others had to bare witness to this debarkle and I shot a movie; guest star Cosmic Boy!
Voodoo Buwan: Yes, laugh at Voodoo's complete lack of co-ordination!
Trinity Dechou: I have done on many, many, many occasions. It is only fair our fans should see this in real time too!

Voodoo Buwan: Yeah, well at least I tried! Anyway, eventually, we both gave up, and instead figured out that if we stood near the treasure chest, while Aimee made us feel inferior with her platform hopping skill, then when she opened the chest, we could quickly grab the treasure for ourselves too!
Trinity Dechou: This then involved amusement of its very own. While Aimee and I were both in Loco Pocos Avatars, attaching Loco Poco accessories is no issue. However if you are a rebel, like cosmic boy, the accessories don't really fit.
Voodoo Buwan: Yes, while Trin's av sported a flame Mohawk perfectly, I looked like something had caught fire inside my noggin.


Trinity Dechou: As Voodoo decided this really spoiled his whole look, we teleported to the next area, this one has a settlement of houses. We headed into the blue house. Cosmic Boy decided he needed to lay down following the whole lava experience, and Aimee posed with her turret through the fire.


Voodoo Buwan: I needed a brief time out in a comfy bed, to recover from various 3rd degree lava burns, and internal Mohawk scorching
Trinity Dechou: From the settlement the group headed to a lovely boat and yet more treasure, providing we could crack the code to open the box.
Voodoo Buwan: We cam'd around the boat, to find the various clues, showing us the meanings behind the strange symbols above the chest. Once we uttered the magic word, we all gathered a delightful Pirate Hat to wear

Trinity Dechou: When you have a Loco Pocos Avatar you also get the Loco Pocos HUD. With this HUD you can change the colour of your attachments. Aimee decided her current look suited the black, I chose the white, which left the very manly cosmic boy the default pink hat.
Voodoo Buwan: Hey, I'm secure enough in my cosmic masculinity to carry that off! Anyway, job done, we headed to the next zone, a maze of sand-walled catacombs for us to find our way through. Problem was that Trin had been struck by an attack of the lag, so Aimee and I strove on while she sorted herself out.
Trinity Dechou: Now being the profound genius that she is, Aimee headed straight to the end. Meanwhile Voodoo and I were sucked into the swirling sand as we kept taking the wrong turns. What is they say about men not looking at maps? My excuse was the lag.
Voodoo Buwan: Now, while I tried again and again, and earned the sense of achievement that comes from managing something yourself, Trin waited until I was done, and then got her girlfriend to come and guide her half blind lagging ass to the treasure room, in what some would call cheating
Trinity Dechou: Personally I would call it an act of love. I was struggling and my lovely partner came back to rescue me... this is not cheating.
Voodoo Buwan: Cheating!


Trinity Dechou: Having made it into the treasure room (by any means possible) we each collected our swag bag and posed for yet another picture. Having finished all the portals we headed back down the tunnel and out onto the island once more. We made our way over to the lighthouse and decided to walk the tall circular staircase to the top, to take in the view and have one last snap.


Voodoo Buwan: Well, to be slightly more accurate, as our scene and this adventure closed, Trin was looking out at the gorgeous view, while Aimee chased Cosmic Boy around the top of the lighthouse, shooting primberrys at him from her wee tank.
Trinity Dechou: That's because you accused her of helping me to cheat, which clearly is an inflammable comment.
Voodoo Buwan: Hmmmm
Trinity Dechou: Why must you always have the last word?
Voodoo Buwan: As if I would

0 comments

Post a Comment